25 Uses for Coffee Filters
Thanks to SpringfieldMoms reader Kendra Holmes for sharing this list!
Coffee filters …. Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing, even the large ones.
This came through in the notorious email inbox from "unknown" so you may have seen this at some point!
1. When cooking food in the microwave, use filters to cover the bowls, dishes or plates.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome. Coffee filters are lint-free so they won't leave pieces of lint behind.
3. Protect china, by separating plates or dishes.
4. If you break the cork when opening a bottle of wine, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Place a coffee filter in you cast iron skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. After frying, strain the left over oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Use coffee filter to weigh foods on a kitchen scale.
9. Coffee filters make great wrappers for messy foods such as hamburgers, tacos, etc.
10. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Poke one or two holes in a coffee filter to keep popsicles from dripping.
12. Use strips of coffee filters to wax your eyebrows instead of the expensive waxing strips.
13. If you're cooking greasy food, put a few filters on the plate and they will soak up the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom for when the inevitable razor cuts happen.
15. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Make a baking soda "sachet" with a coffee filter and insert into shoes or closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18. Prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car by using coffee filters.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.
21. Wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Remove fingernail polish with filters when out of cotton balls.
23. Dampen a coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
24. Place flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book for pressed flowers.
25. Snack bowl for snacks, popcorn, chips, etc.
What's on FOX Illinois Full Schedule
Law & Order: Criminal