- Free Medicare Enrollment Offered To Seniors And Disabled
- Taylorville Ambulance
- Super Survivor: Shauna Becker
- Flu Poses Bigger Imminent Threat
- Dog's Allergy is Medical Phenomenon
- Another Ebola Patient in the U.S.
- Sleep and Sports: Warning for Late Night Games
- Fact or Fiction? What Really Can Increase Breast Cancer Risks
- Latest Ebola Diagnosis Warning For Hospitals
- Breast Cancer Myths: True or False?
- A Helping Hand For Breast Cancer Patient
- Incomplete Medicial Marijuana Applications in Illinois
- CDC Director Says Ebola is Similar to AIDS
- Don't Ignore Growing Pains: Histiocytosis Warning
- Alzheimer's License Plates Coming To Illinois
- Stopping the Spread of Ebola
- Illinois Public Health Officials To Discuss Ebola Measures
- Tooth Decay: Most Common Childhood Disease in the U.S.
- Community Health Center Set To Open By December
- Tracking Your Health with an App
- U.S. Works Towards an Ebola Vaccine
- Medicare Costs Set to Rise
- Children and Nicotine Poisonings From E-Cigarettes
- Ebola Patient May Have Come in Contact with Children
- BREAKING: 1st Ebola Case Diagnosed in the U.S.
- A Diet That Could Help Slow Alzheimer's
- Enterovirus - Tips on How to Protect Your Kids
- CDC Recommends Flu Vaccine Spray for Children
- Teens Walking to School
- United Nations Talks Ebola Outbreak
- Infant Mortality Rate
- Veteran Healthcare and Women
- Health and Car Insurance Deal
- Smartphone Stress
- West Nile Virus Causes 2 Illinois Deaths
- "Walk To End Alzheimer's"
- Therapy Dogs To Help North Mac Students
- Obama Announces Increased Ebola Assistance
- Too Much Caffeine
- Parental Burnout: Tips to Avoid the Stress
- Helping Troops Recover Through Music
- Detecting Autism
- Magnetic Therapy for Depression and PTSD
- "Protect the Pecs"
- Study Says Ebola in U.S. “Likely,” But Can Be Controlled
- Fall Allergies Set to be Worse Than Last Year
- New Mystery Virus in Illinois
- Illinois Now Accepting Medical Marijuana Applications
- Laughing Gas Versus Epideral During Child Birth
- "Vaping" a Way To Quit
- At Home Check-Ups Versus The Doctor's Office
- Stress and Weight Gain
- Smoking Statistics and Help to Quit
- Getting Ready for the Flu
- Exercising in the Heat
- Weekend Festivals Optimistic Despite Predicted Heat
- Dealing with Back to School Anxiety
- Healthy Breakfasts for Kids
- No Cake, Cookies for Iles School
- Help For Struggling Or Suicidal Teens Just A Text Away
- How Effective is Hand Sanitizer at Schools?
- Health Insurance Questions Answered at the Fairgrounds
- Local Men Honored for Saving Man's Life
- Struggling with Depression
- Back To School Safety
- Privacy Concerns Over Fitness Bands
- Keeping Student Athletes Healthy
- 1 in 4 Kids have Undetected Vision Problem
- West Nile Case Virus Confirmed In Macon County
- District 186 Holds Immunization Clinics
- Doctor Shortage Projected By Year 2020
- Treating Ebola in America
- Nurse Lynn
- Dr. Thompson
- Melanoma Skin Cancer Cases Spike
- Name Brand Medicines Not Always Worth It
- "Killer Caffeine"
- Local Mother Donates Breast Milk After Tragic Loss
- Pot Treatment For Toddler
- Deadly Waters and Swimming Dangers
- New Skin Treatment Being Called 'Fountain Of Youth'
- Obesity Linked To Cancer
- Lending A Helping Hand
- CDC Moratorium
- Working Out While At Work
- National Gay Blood Drive
- Diabetes Complications
- Mobile Vet Clinic At American Legion Convention
- Dangerous New Dieting Trend Grows Popular Amoung Young Adults
- State Spends One Million On Condoms
- Mosquitos? You Might Be Their Type...Blood Type
- Lung Donor Lists
- The Diet for Your Mind
- Lightning Safety is a Big Part of Summer Plans
- Accident Aftermath: What To Watch For
- Kids in Hot Cars, a Deadly Combo
- Homemade and All Natural Sunscreens Becoming a Trend
- Protective Eye Wear For Our Troops
- Dr. Oz Goes To Washington
- Local Doctors React To Diabetes Report
- Men's Health: Keeping Ahead of Health Problems
- Porta High School Student Saved Using AED
- Dog Dangers During the Summer
- NEW STUDY: 1 out of 4 Teens Don't Wear Seat Belts
- Senator Kirk's Plan to Help Illinois Stroke Survivors
- Waste Watch: Healthcare For The Dead
- First West Nile Reports of 2014
- Cyber Bullying Reports Tripled Since Last Year
- Secondary Drowning
- Free Health Fair in Springfield Wednesday
- SIU Researchers Working on Blood Test to Improve Parkinson's Diagnoses
- M.S. Clinic Raises Over $16K In Funding
- Memorial Weight Loss and Wellness Program Expands to Meet Demands
- A Health Alert for Phones
- Skin Cancer Prevention Tips
- Hepatitis A Scare at Restaurant in Missouri
- Stroke Therapy
- Alzheimer's Education Conference
- Potentially Deadly Bacteria Airline Passengers Face
- Logan County Cancer Screening Program Ending
- MERS Virus Reported in Illinois
- World Health Organization Issues Urgent MERS Warning
- $3 Million Allocated for West Nile Prevention
- Two Jacksonville Schools Exposed to Mumps Virus
- Quinn Announces $14.5 Million for Health Centers
- Food Allergies
- American Diabetes Association Hosts Kiss-A-Pig Gala
- Gluten Freedom
- Home Health Care Aids
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
- Combating Obesity in Teens is Family Effort
- FDA Warns of Health Risks With Aspirin
- Three More Mumps Cases Confirmed in Sangamon County
- FDA Warns Consumers About Claims Regarding Autism Treatments
- IEMA Hosts Tornado Drill to Highlight PrepareAthon
- Doctor Helps to Heal Burned and Abused Dog
- SIU Cancer Trial Brings New Hope to Head and Neck Cancer Patients
- Healthcare Company Adding Dozens of Jobs in Springfield
- High School Students Give Young Girl with Disability Newfound Hope
- Illinois Schools to Require Additional Immunizations
- Mumps Cases Reported at U of I
- Dentists Warn About Flouride-Free Toothpaste, Water
- Your Office May Be Affecting Your Health
- More HIV Cases in Southern Illinois
- "Bark For Life" Dog Lovers Help Support Cancer Research
- Illinois Poison Center Facing Shutdown, New Challenges
- 12 Mumps Cases Confirmed In Sangamon County
- Advances in Alzheimers
Advances in Alzheimers
There's something happening in this country that will drain tax dollars, terrorize families, and even cost lives as our population ages. The number of people living with dementia is soaring.
"they sleep with one eye open. they're afraid to go to the bathroom."
IT'S A FEAR EXPERIENCED BY ANYBODY WHO'S CARED FOR A LOVED ONE
THIS GREEN LIGHT....
AND GREEN CIRCLE...
COULD CHANGE THINGS.
CARLE : "this is peace of mind for them."
ANDREW CARLE TEACHES AT GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY. HE'S A FORMER HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE AND AN EXPERT ON TECHNOLOGY AND THE ELDERLY -
OR AS HE CALLS IT - NANA TECHNOLOGY.
HE'S AN ADVISOR TO A CALIFORNIA COMPANY CALLED GTX.
THEY MAKE SMARTSOLE.
IT'S A SHOE INSERT WITH GPS.
CARLE says: "we've put it in this area around the arch where there's the least amount of weight per square inch so it's more durable."
USING CELL SERVICE, YOU CAN TRACK SOMEBODY ON YOUR COMPUTER OR PHONE.
PARKER says: "smart sole allows you to create something called a geozone. it can be the size of a yard, two blocks, two miles. whatever it is, the moment the person steps beyond it, the caregiver is notified."
CARLE says: "the day they get confused. the day they make the wrong turn. the day they can't find their way back home, that's when everyone in the system will receives these text messages and bring them back home."
WE LACED UP AND WENT FOR A WALK. WHEN WE GOT TOO FAR FROM HIS OFFICE, IT KNEW.
SMARTSOLE ALLOWS PEOPLE TO MAINTAIN SOME INDEPENDENCE.
CARLE says: " in the early stages of the disease, a lot of these people are still going to church, still
seeing their friends, riding a bike.
THE COMPANY'S CEO FIRST GOT THE IDEA FROM THE HIGH PROFILE KIDNAPPING OF ELIZABETH SMART. BUT LEARNED THE ELDERLY WERE A GREATER NEED.
CARLE says: " we've got 5 million people in this country with alzheimer's and related dementia. short of a cure, which is not imminent, that number is going to quadruple to 20 million
SMARTSOLE COSTS $249 AND SHOULD BE ON THE MARKET BY THE END OF SUMMER.
NATS i just sent a ping and it located me that quickly.