Buffalo Hummus Dip
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT
Recipe provided by Melanie Pavlovic, Registered Dietitian for County Market
- 15oz can of Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), drained, rinsed
- 1/8 cup of Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Add garbanzo beans to food processor along with the hot sauce, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Turn on food processor and pulse or blend until ingredients start to mix and become smooth.
- Add the sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles to the food processor and mix again until blended.
- With the food processor still on, add the olive oil slowly to the hummus until it becomes a creamy consistency. Enjoy!
- Serve with celery sticks, carrots, and whole-wheat pita bread.
- Use the hummus as a base for chicken salad rather than using mayonnaise for a "Buffalo Chicken Salad" flavor.