Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 10:23 AM CDT
Made by: Hope Danielson, Health & Wellness Director-County Market
Yield: 4 servings
• 2 cups tuna, drained and rinsed
• 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 12 roasted cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1/2 15oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
• 3/4 cup crumbled feta
• 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp. low sodium Greek Seasoning
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Combine the tuna, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, garbanzo beans and feta in a large bowl.
2. In a separated bowl combine vinegar, seasoning and olive oil. Whisk together until combined.
3. Toss dressing with salad.
4. Let flavors marry for 30 minutes or more in the refrigerator.
Serve with whole-grain bread or crackers on the side.
You can substitute canned chicken for the tuna.
If you cannot find Greek seasoning, you can use Greek oregano.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
Total Carbohydrates: 17gm
Total Fat: 21gm
This recipe aired March 24, 2014.