More In The Kitchen
Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT
Made by: Nancy Sweet. Lincoln Land Community College Culinary Program
* 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated coarsely
* 1/4 - 1/2 cup mayo 2 TBS
* 1 small jar pimentos (around 4 ounces), drained
* 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
* 2 tablespoons pickle juice
* Good sized pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
* 4 slices bread
Mix together all ingredients except cheese. Add cheese and thoroughly mix.
Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spread mayo one side of each piece of bread. Spread pimento cheese on two slices of bread on the opposite side that has been spread with mayo. Top with other piece of bread, with mayo side facing out.
Cook sandwich about 3 minutes per side. Finish in 350 degree oven if necessary to thoroughly melt cheese.
Leftover pimento cheese can be stored in refrigerator for 3-4 doors.
This recipe aired April 21, 2014.