Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
Updated: Monday, May 5 2014, 03:30 PM CDT
Made by: Chef Brian Tucker, Richland Community College
1/4 cup oregano, fresh
1 cup cilantro, fresh
1/4 cup olive oil
3 each garlic cloves
1/2 each yellow onion
1 Tbsp cumin, ground
1 lb chicken breast
2 cup nappa cabbage
1 each red pepper
1/4 cup green onion
1/2 cup cilantro, fresh
2 Tbsp lime juice
4 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp lime juice
12 flour tortillas
1. Combine the first six ingredients in a blender to make the marinade and puree until everything is incorporated.
2. Pour the marinade over the chicken breast and marinate for at least 1 hour but up to 12 hours
3. Thinly slice the napa cabbage, cut the red pepper into small strips, chop the green onion and cilantro. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss with the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set the slaw aside
4. In another bowl smash the avocado with the back of a fork. Mix in the sour cream and then the lime juice.
5. In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Cut the chicken into strips.
6. Slightly warm the tortillas. Place some chicken and slaw in each tortilla. Drizzle with avocado sauce and serve.
This recipe aired May 5, 2014.