More In The Kitchen
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Updated: Wednesday, July 16 2014, 11:12 AM CDT
Made by: Chip Kennedy from 5 Flavors Catering
1. Wash quinoa gently changing water several times.
2. In a sauce pan combine quinoa, water, oil, salt and turmeric. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. This should take about 15 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooking heat the oil in other saucepan over medium heat, Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away oil is ready.
4. Add the cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, and bay leave, as seeds crack add all the vegetables, green peas, ginger, green pepper, and salt.
5. Let the vegetable cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender but firm.
6. Turn off the heat. Add quinoa to the mix of vegetable and gently fold it.
7. Stuff peppers with quinoa and roast in 350 degree oven until pepper is soft. Serve warm or cold
8. Finish off by adding lemon juice and tomatoes.