More In The Kitchen
Pasta with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Lemon
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 10:23 AM CDT
Made by: Nancy Sweet, LLCC
• 8 oz. pasta, cooked according to package directions; reserve 1 cup cooking water
• 1/2 pound of asparagus, blanched
• 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced thin
• 1/4 cup white wine
• Juice and zest of one lemon
• 4-5 ounces goat cheese
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil until hot.
Add green onions and cherry tomatoes and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add asparagus and let cook another minute.
Add white wine and lemon juice and let reduce by half.
Add goat cheese and 1/4 cup of reserved pasta cooking water. Mix until melted. Add pasta and toss.
Add extra cooking liquid, if dry.
Serve and grate some lemon zest over pasta.
Serve with a little Parmesan cheese on the side, if desired.
This recipe aired April 29, 2013.