More In The Kitchen
White Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 10:23 AM CDT
Made by: Chef Brian Tucker, Richland Community College
Chocolate Mint Cookies 8 oz
Light Brown Sugar 1 oz
Butter, melted 2 oz
Cream Cheese 2 1/2 lb
Sugar 12 oz
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Eggs 5 each
Egg Yolks 1 each
Heavy Cream 5 fl oz
Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon
Creme de Menthe 2 Tablespoons
White Chocolate, melted 2 oz
1. Puree the cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs, add the sugar and butter. Mix well
2. Lightly butter a cake pan or spring mold pan.
3. Divide the cookie crumbs between the two pans and press down firmly to create the crust
4. Combine the cream cheese, sugar and salt in a mixer. Mix on medium speed with a paddle until the mixture is completely smooth, about 3 minutes
5. Slowly add the eggs and egg yolk to the mixture. Only adding a small portion at a time
6. Add the heavy cream, vanilla, creme de menthe and melted chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated.
7. Pour half of the batter into each pan. Gently tap the pans to release any air bubbles.
8. Bake in a 325 degree oven in a water bath until the center of the cakes are set, use a toothpick and when it comes out clean the cheesecake is done. This should take about 45 minutes depending on the oven.
9. Cool the cakes completely, remove from the pan and enjoy.
This recipe aired September 2, 2013.