More In The Kitchen
Easy Rainbow Minestrone Soup
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 10:23 AM CDT
Made by: Melanie Pavolic, Registered Dietitian, County Market
1 Cup whole-wheat pasta (uncooked)
20oz of frozen mixed vegetables (such as corn, carrots & peas blend)
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1-15.5oz can of kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (such as Italian style)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper (or to taste)
1. Cook whole wheat pasta in boiling water as directed on package (approximately 8-10 minutes, or until al dente).
2. Then drain the pasta and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the frozen vegetables and the low-sodium vegetable broth in a large pot and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until veggies become tender.
4. Add the canned kidney beans (rinsed, drained) and canned diced tomatoes to the pot of veggies & broth.
5. Add the cooked whole wheat pasta, fresh parsley, black pepper (to taste), and Italian seasoning to the pot and cook until heated all the way through. Enjoy!