Garlic and Chili Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT
Made by: Hope Danielson, County Market
Yields: 5 servings
2 lbs. (4 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (can buy already grated or shaved)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons light sour cream
1 teaspoon onion powder
Chili powder (use as much or as little to taste)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
Salt to taste (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the cubed sweet potatoes.
2. Boil sweet potatoes until soft and tender and then drain in a colander.
3. Place olive oil in large pot (empty) over medium heat and add minced garlic. Saute garlic until light golden brown and then place drained sweet potatoes back into the pot.
4. Add the milk, sour cream, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the pot and mash ingredients until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the onion powder, chili powder and ground black pepper to the pot and evenly distribute the herbs and seasoning (salt to taste, optional).
Try using Mrs. Dash seasonings in the place of salt.
Add some fresh parsley for a nice garnish.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Carbohydrates: 22gm
This recipe aired November 25, 2013.