Feta, Red Pepper
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT
Feta, Red Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Total Time: 35 Number of Servings: 8 (2-3 mushrooms caps/serving)
· 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
· 16oz baby portabella mushrooms, fresh
· 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, patted dry, diced
· 1 - 10oz package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (squeezed of excess water)
· 1/8 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· Non-Stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (set aside).
2. Remove stems from mushroom caps and discard (or use in another recipe). Place flat side down on prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, feta, roasted red peppers, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well until ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Fill each of the mushroom caps with the spinach mixture until all caps are over-filled (or until all the mixture is gone).
5. Evenly sprinkle the dry bread crumbs over the top of the mushrooms (to add texture and crunch).
6. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and have darkened.